With Ferguson's School Search, you can search for Undergraduate, Graduate, and Vocational and Technical schools in the United States, Canada, and related regions. To refine a search, filter by criteria such as location, areas of study, and admissions difficulty. Search criteria vary by type of school.
You can also search for schools by name using the main search box.
To search for Undergraduate and Graduate schools using School Search:
- On the hamburger menu, in the Plan Your Education section, select "School Search." (This option is also available in the Plan Your Education card on the Homepage.)
- The School Search page shows Undergraduate search results by default. To do a Graduate search instead, click on the Graduate tab.
- To filter school search results, select from available filters, such as Location and Areas of Study.
- The specific filters available vary, depending on the type of school search.
- Clicking on a filter expands the filter to show filter options.
- The more criteria you choose, the narrower your search results will be.
- To reset a particular filter, click the "Reset" link for that filter.
- To clear all filters, click the "Clear All Filters" button.
- To view a full listing of information for a school, click the school name in the School Search results to go to the school profile.
- The school profile gives comprehensive information about the school. On Undergraduate school profiles, there is also an Institutional Aid tab where you can find out more about financial aid the school offers.
To search for schools by name:
- In the main search box, enter the school name and click the magnifying glass or press Enter.
- On the Search Results page, select the "School" filter to filter down to just school results. If you do not see "School" as a filter type, then the search term you entered did not return any school results.