Ferguson's Career Guidance Center includes in-depth profiles of over 1,050 professions, covering overview, earnings, education requirements, employment and advancement prospects, outlook, tips for entry, and more.
In addition, over 230 Career Q&A videos give an inside look at a particular job and associated industry. In these video interviews, working professionals talk about their career beginnings, a typical day on the job, advice for getting started and succeeding in their profession, and industry challenges and outlook. These and other profession videos are accessible through the Career Videos landing page and search.
To find profession profiles:
- On the hamburger menu, in the Explore Careers section, select "Browse Professions." (This option is also available in the Explore Careers card on the Homepage.)
- The Featured Professions page highlights Fastest Growing Jobs, Highest Paying Jobs, Most In-Demand Jobs, and Most Extraordinary Jobs. Click any of the jobs in the sliders to access the full profession profile.
The All Professions page lists all profession profiles in Ferguson's. You can filter by industry, education level, or job skills. Professions with an associated Career Q&A video are indicated with an icon.
- Each profession profile covers overview, earnings, education requirements, skills, employment and advancement prospects, outlook, tips for entry, and much more. Use the Table of Contents links to navigate between sections, or click "View Full Article" to view the entire article on one page.
- If there is an associated Career Q&A video, click the video thumbnail to expand and view the video right on the profession profile page.
- On the Related Professions tab, find links to related professions. Sort by Salary, Outlook, or A to Z. You can also filter by industry. Click on any of the results to go to the full profession profile.
- The Find a Job tab has job listings for a given profession. The default location is based on the location associated with your institution's Ferguson's account settings.
To find profession videos:
- On the hamburger menu, in the "More..." section, select "Career Videos."
- On the Career Videos landing page:
- For general profession videos, click the Professions filter.
- For Career Q&A videos, click the Career Q&A filter to expand to see filter options.
- To view a particular video, click on the video title or thumbnail in the results.