Customers using Schoology, a PowerSchool Unified Classroom learning management system, can embed content from Ferguson's Career Guidance Center directly into their courses. For app installation instructions, please refer to the article Ferguson's Career Guidance Center Schoology Installation.
The LTI app provides a rich integration between Ferguson's Career Guidance Center and your Schoology courses. Users of Schoology can embed Ferguson's Career Guidance Center resources directly into their courses, without having to leave the LMS. This plugin is LTI based and integrates directly into the standard Schoology HTML editor and the Add Materials menu within a course.
- LTI based application that does not require any user account maintenance within Ferguson's Career Guidance Center.
- Quick and easy setup and installation.
- Seamless user experience that allows users to embed Ferguson's Career Guidance Center records directly into Schoology, without leaving the LMS.
Using the Schoology App
The Ferguson's Career Guidance Center app is available for all of our Schoology users and can be installed for:
- Course Materials Selection
- Rich Text Editor
- External Tool
Below are examples of two ways to embed Ferguson's Career Guidance Center records into your courses.
Course Materials Selection
From within a course, you have the option of finding and embedding records directly into the course materials section using the Add Materials drop-down.
- Click on the Add Materials button below the course name.
- Click on the Ferguson's Career Guidance Center App shown on the right-hand side of the drop-down menu. An Add Materials pop up window will display (shown below).
- Enter your keyword or phrase into the search box and click the search icon.
- The search results window offers several functions.
- Pagination - Use the pagination controls to skip to other pages of results.
- Preview - Use the preview link to view the record before deciding to embed it. Clicking on this link opens a new window.
- Embed - Use the embed button to insert the selected record into your course.
When you click on the Embed button you have the following embed options:
- Embed Record URL
- Embed Small
- Embed Medium
- Embed Large
Rich Text Editor
The Schoology HTML editor contains an Insert Content option shown below. This icon is available inside the HTML editor used in some of the Add Materials options, such as adding an Assignment, Test/Quiz, Discussion, or Page to your course.
- Click on the desired option, such as Add Page.
- Click on the Insert Content editor option.
- Click on the Ferguson's Career Guidance Center option located on the right-hand side of the Insert Content menu.
- The Import from Resources pop up window will appear, which is identical to the Add Materials window shown above.
- Follow the same steps outlined above to locate and embed your desired content.
The content will appear as a yellow box within the editor until you click the Create button.
Your new course material will now appear under the main materials list. Clicking on the title will load the resource and any embedded records from Ferguson's Career Guidance Center directly on the page.